Plant / Heavy Machine Mechanics
As a plant mechanic one works with a range of tools to diagnose and repair industrial or agricultural machinery and equipment malfunctions. A plant mechanic will also perform routine maintenance on Graders, Shovels, Backhoe, Forklifts, Dumpers, Excavators, Farm Tractors, Bulldozers, Rollers and many others with us. You will be trained on how to inspect, service and repair engine boxes, gearboxes, hydraulics, electric system and tyres.
Plant Mechanics general training also includes Hydraulics, Engine Systems, Electrical Systems and Fuel Systems.
A plant mechanic course work involves:
- servicing and repairing plant machinery
- regularly inspecting engines, gearboxes and hydraulics
- identifying faults and repairing or replacing faulty parts
- reassembling parts and testing them
- arranging for machinery to be moved to the repair workshop
- carrying out routine servicing of plant and equipment
- using hand and power tools and specialist equipment